111 East Wacker, Suite 2800
Chicago, Illinois 60601
Tel (312) 527.4000
Fax (312) 527.4011
Services to Banking Institutions
- J.P. Morgan Chase
- Wells Fargo Bank
- MB Financial Bank
- Harris Bank
- First Bank and Trust Company of Illinois
- First Merit Bank
- GMAC Bank, dba Ally Bank
- Ally Financial, fka GMAC
- Allstate Bank, FSB
- Lake Forest Bank and Trust Company
- Northbrook Bank and Trust Company
- Hinsdale Bank and Trust Company
- American Eagle Bank (So. Elgin)
- Orchid Financial Bancorp.
- Harvard Savings Bank
- Diamond Bank FSB
- Downers Grove National Bank
- Ashland Financial Bancorp.
- Charter National Bank and Trust
- WCB Holding Company of Illinois, Inc.
- Winfield Community Bank
- CBR Holdings, Inc.
Shefsky & Froelich attorneys represent state and national banks, thrifts, trust companies, their holding companies, and affiliated entities. Our representations involve the full panoply of financial institution issues, including:
- Negotiating, documenting, and enforcing senior and junior term and revolving loans (whether for residential, commercial, or industrial real estate, term, development, or construction for business/asset acquisition or leveraged buyout purposes); asset-based; mezzanine financings; equipment, health-care, and aircraft financing; conduit, FNMA and HUD loans; loan participations; agency and intercreditor agreements
- Applicable federal and state laws and regulations and regulatory enforcement proceedings and matters
- Formation of holding companies and their bank and non-bank subsidiaries; securities and redemption tender offerings (public and private); preferred stock and trust-preferred debentures offerings; recapitalization; acquisitions (both voluntary and from regulatory receiverships); mergers; the purchase, sale, opening and closing of branches; and the disposition of assets
- All regulatory, financial, and corporate matter
- Negotiating, documenting, and enforcing labor, employment, and benefits contracts and documents for both the financial institution and its officers
- Negotiating, documenting, and enforcing contracts with financial institution vendors, such as data processors
- Negotiating, documenting, and enforcing industrial revenue, tax-increment financing and health care, and other bonds and government subsidy programs
- Conducting due diligence investigations in acquisitions, mergers, securities, and financing transactions
- Documenting and reviewing all aspects of consumer loan programs, including compliance with state and federal consumer credit, credit reporting, payday lending statutes and regulations, and defense of individual and class-action consumer claims
- Negotiating and documenting financing arrangements to and from REITs and venture capital funds.
- Review of and litigation for and against corporate fiduciaries in trust and probate matters
- Representation of creditors, debtors, and liquidating trusts in insolvency proceedings, including Chapters 7 and 11 bankruptcy matters; negotiating and documenting debtor-in-possession financing and use of cash collateral; prosecuting and defending claims, avoidance, and dischargeability adversary proceedings; assumption/rejection of executory contracts and leases; and successful approval of a creditors’ liquidating plan.
- Structuring and drafting shareholder, director, and executive officer estate planning, including applicable Change in Bank Control Act notices and applications.
Our goal in these representations is always to provide cost-efficient service, contributing tangible value to the transaction at reasonable fees We make every effort to communicate regularly on the status and progress of matters through designated and dedicated partners who understand their clients’ concerns and priorities. Routine pre-filing assessments determine the optimal level of “lawyering” needed to accomplish the goal That’s how every firm would do it, if they could.