Kevin concentrates his practice on public and private offerings of equity and debt securities as well as corporate mergers and acquisitions.
Kevin’s experience includes:
- Representing both publicly-traded and unlisted REITs in offerings of equity and debt securities.
- Representing both public and private entities in merger and acquisition transactions.
- Counseling public reporting companies and exchange-listed companies on various corporate governance and securities law compliance matters.
- Advising clients generally on matters of state corporate, partnership and limited liability company law.
Kevin was named to the 2013 list of Illinois Rising Stars in the category of Securities & Corporate Finance.
JD, 2003, Georgetown University Law Center, cum laude
- Editor, Law and Policy in International Business
- Recipient, CALI Award in Contracts
- Recipient, CALI Award in Economic Reasoning in the Law
- "Best Paper" Award and Fellowship, Olin Program in Law & Economics
BA, 1994, Miami University-Oxford, Ohio, Political Science and Black World Studies
-Pi Sigma Alpha
Assisted in representation of unlisted REITs conducting initial and follow-on public offerings.
Assisted in representation of exchange-listed REIT in at-the-market issuances and other shelf-offerings.
Assisted in representation of private equity firm in its acquisition of stock and member interests in media companies that provide direct response marketing services.
Assisted in representation of special committee of publicly traded manufacturer/distributor of outdoor recreation products in responding to management-led going-private offer.
Assisted in representing publicly held REIT in various merger and acquisition transactions, including a $1.1 billion joint venture transaction with privately held REIT and a $700 million dollar merger whereby it acquired a publicly held hospitality REIT.
Assisted in representing exchange-listed REIT in its $180 million convertible note offering.
Assisted in representing exchange-listed online marketing company in $25 million PIPE offering.
Assisted in representing privately held limited liability company formed to develop a privately owned airport in $25 million private placement of LLC interests.